Thursday, February 22, 2018

Empathy at it's finest

Hi. It's been forever. I had my third baby. That explains it, I have three children under the age of 5 so i've been doing more important things but my little Lucy is 9 months now and is sleeping really good so I am finally getting sleep and feel like I can find the time and energy to blog again. It has been an amazing and trying 9 months. The one thing I have learned is that the enabling power of the atonement of Jesus Christ is REAL my friends and he WANTS to help us in our DAILY tasks.
I just want to tell you a little story about how a 3 year old and a 5 year old taught me about empathy.... So on Valentines day my girls' grandma's both brought them balloons. We were going to the grocery store and my girls wanted to bring one of their balloons with them. why not? sure, but hold on to them really tight so they don't blow away outside. Duh, I should have held on to my 3 year olds for her because hers totally blew away. 3 year old melt down. I will run up and get your other one. NO! I want my Elsa one. so sad. Anywho, she cried all the way to the store. I'm so sorry your balloon blew away Gabs. Well, as soon as we got to the store and got out of the car I could see how worried Mila (5 year old) was for Gabby (3 year old). Then she said, "Gabs, I will let my balloon go too so we both don't have a balloon" And then she let it go. Immediately Gabby calmed down and I could see the relief and comfort wash over her. If big sister Mila can do without her balloon then it's ok if I don't have mine. We all stood and waved goodbye to mila's balloon, with tears rolling down my cheeks. I know, now that I am a mom, I cry so easy. That was a proud moment for me! Not that I take any credit. I think Mila came that way, she is something special. She is SO concerned for others and always wants to help (most of the time, she is a preschooler who wants her own way and doesn't want to share sometimes :) but every now and then I catch a glimpse of her greatness unfolding and that is the joy of being a mother! I'll do my best to help my girls along but they already have seeds of greatness within them I just want to help them blossom and play their song! Anyway i just thought that story deserved telling, it was 5 year old empathy at it's finest. I'm excited to start blogging again and am thinking about doing a healthy eating blog and sharing about my plant based journey.




Meg


No comments:

Post a Comment