Sunday, December 4, 2016

Let Him Be Your Caregiver

My little 3 year old Mila is so into Christmas this year and it has been so fun! It's really got me into the spirit of the season. I am much more motivated to do all the Christmasy things when Mila is so into it and it is making her so happy. Having a child who is so into Christmas is almost as good as being a child yourself during Christmas. I feel like we have already done a lot to celebrate and it's only December 3rd! I don't want to Christmas season to pass and feel like I just didn't soak up every minute of it. 

Part of my personal Christmas celebration has been to focus my studies on the Savior and who he is and what he's done for me and my personal relationship to him. It has really lifted my spirits and been such a great reminder that I am never alone and that there is always someone who loves me and he there to help me and who wants to bless me. I can't even fathom the suffering and pain and anguish that the Savior of the World went through. But he did it in hopes that we would come to him and let him help and bless and comfort us. He did it so that we will never have to be alone, so that we can have someone to run to, so that we can have someone who understands, so that we can be healed, cleansed and made whole. He did it willinging because he wanted to give us that gift, because he loves us. I can't even fathom the depth of his love and goodness. He does everything he can for us. 

I've been thinking about how we (I) seriously underestimate his readiness and even eagerness to help me. Even with the silliest of things. 

As a mom, my girls probably say my name a million times a day. Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom. As annoying as it is (sometimes I just want to go to the bathroom by myself or eat my lunch without little ones crawling on my lap and making a mess!) I am there for them, and I love to be there for them. Something about being a mom and providing them with love and trust and family and belonging gives me so much purpose and joy. There is not anything I wouldn't do for my girls. When they are hungry I want to feed them. When they want a book read to them, I want to read a book to them. When they want someone to play with, I want to play with them. When they get hurt, I want to hold and kiss them and tell them it will be ok. I want them to go to bed at night feeling safe and loved and happy. I want them to know that they have a mom who believes in them and is there for them. 

Jesus Christ is infinitely better, more giving and loving then me. So why do we doubt his willingness and eagerness to help us??? Why do we not believe that when we have a little or big problem that we can go ask for help and that he will willingly give it to us? Just because he loves us! He cares about the little things that trouble us everyday. We are just like children sometimes, we worry about things we don't need to. We need to be close to the one that sees and knows everything and trust that everything will be ok. That we are in his care. That he is aware of us individually and personally. He has never forgotten you! He has engraven you upon the palms of his hands. 



I've decided every day in December I am writing a quote about the savior down on a note card and keeping it in my pocket to read a few times a day. 

One of my favorite quotes comes from Elder Hales last talk..."If we loved the Savior more would we suffer less".... He talks about his wife Mary and how she has been his caregiver and then he pleads with us to let Christ be your caregiver.

That quote goes really well with a quote from Elder Holland that says "Never worry about Christ running out of ability to help you, that is the spiritual, eternal lesson of the feeding of the 5,000."

Jesus Christ is always reaching out to you and me even if we feel like he has given up on us, he won't. Even if we feel hopeless or helpless or broken he is there and he can help, he is eager and pleading and wanting to help. He died so that he can. He died with the very hopes that we would come to him and so that we can come to him. "There is no sorrow that heaven can't heal"

“No matter how serious the trial, how deep the distress, how great the affliction, [God] will never desert us. He never has, and He never will. He cannot do it. It is not His character [to do so]. … He will [always] stand by us. We may pass through the fiery furnace; we may pass through deep waters; but we shall not be consumed nor overwhelmed. We shall emerge from all these trials and difficulties the better and purer for them." -George Q. Cannon

Well, I better go....Gabby just woke up and has said Mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama 20 times already, sounds about right :) btw last night she slept with mila's swimsuit over her pj's because she saw it when I was folding laundry and wanted to wear it. why not? She will only be little and so cute for so long. 

-Meg


No comments:

Post a Comment