Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Don't put limits on God's ability to help you

I had to write a message for our Relief Society newsletter so I thought I would post it on here too for you to read. What's Relief Society you ask? Go here to find out...

The thing I want to share with you all today is about how “all things are possible with God”, and “all things are possible to him that believeth” Sometimes I feel overwhelmed with the pressures of life and I forget that I am not doing it alone, but that Heavenly Father is helping me and that he can do anything! He is all powerful, all knowing, and all mighty.
            In first Nephi Ch.3 & 4 Nephi & his brothers are going to get the plates from Laban. Laman and Lemuel say “How is it possible” (ch.3, vs.4) But Nephi says “The Lord is mightier than all the earth than why not mightier than Laban and his fifty, yea, or even than his tens of thousands...Let us be strong…wherefore can ye doubt…the Lord is able to deliver us.” (ch. 4 vs. 1-3) Are we being like Laman and Lemuel and doubting in the Lord’s ability to help us conquer our personal Goliaths or are we being like Nephi and having faith and believing that he is mightier than any challenge we are facing. Challenges are a part of life, they are what allow us to become like our Father in Heaven. Don’t shrink, rise up to meet them. I love this quote by Dr. Suess…”My struggles are going to have struggles with me”
            When we put limits on ourselves we are ultimately putting limits on Heavenly Father. Because when we are striving to be our best and doing what’s right we are entitled to his help. When we are striving to do his will, he will help us. Nephi says “I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them to accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.” (ch. 3, vs. 7)
            I love the definition in the Bible Dictionary of Grace. The principle of Grace is demonstrated in the parable of the vine and the branches (John 15:1-11) and in Moroni 10:32 we learn how we can obtain Grace.
            President Monson counsels us “Don’t limit yourself and don’t let others convince
you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then live so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith.” Remember when you put limits on yourself you are putting limits on Heavenly Father. Next time you feel overwhelmed and think you can’t do it, tell Satan to “get thee hence” and tell yourself that YOU CAN DO IT. You are much more powerful than Satan and Heavenly Father is definitely much more powerful than Satan. Light dispels darkness, let light into your life and you will overcome the darkness.

            I love the Gospel, I love my savior, I know that he lives and is the truth, way and light of the world. His message is always come unto me and let me help and heal you. He loves you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment