Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Breaking free from the chains of addiction

I freakin hate Satan... I'm SO sick of him

Although I still battle him I am no longer in the unrelenting chains of addiction. I am so grateful for that every day. Even bad days now days are nothing compared to living in the chains of an addiction. I am so grateful to be free. At times it seemed impossible and the road was long and painful but I'm free. I look back now and am still in awe. I just want to tell anyone and everyone that is battling an addiction to keep fighting, to not give up and to believe in themselves. Hope is real and it is absolutely possible to be set free no matter how impossible it may seem or how long, lonely or dark the road. I look back now and I know I was really never alone. Heavenly Father has always been by my side. He has always wanted to help me. 



I love this story....

One evening a man called his five sheep to come into the shelter for the night. His family watched with great interest as he simply called, “Come on,” and immediately all five heads lifted and turned in his direction. Four sheep broke into a run toward him. With loving-kindness he gently patted each of the four on the head. The sheep knew his voice and loved him.
But the fifth sheep didn’t come running. She was a large ewe that a few weeks earlier had been given away by her owner, who reported that she was wild, wayward, and always leading the other sheep astray. The new owner accepted the sheep and staked her in his own field for a few days so she would learn to stay put. He patiently taught her to love him and the other sheep until eventually she had only a short rope around her neck but was no longer staked down.
That evening as his family watched, the man approached the ewe, which stood at the edge of the field, and again he gently said, “Come on. You aren’t tied down anymore. You are free.” Then lovingly he reached out, placed his hand on her head, and walked back with her and the other sheep toward the shelter
Because Jesus Christ suffered and died for you personally  he knows exactly what you are going through, and he knows exactly how to help you out. He died in hopes that you would let him help you. Whatever the trouble, Christ is the answer, the only lasting source of true peace and joy. Because of him you can triumph over whatever is troubling you. Satan may think he's pretty smart, and he may even think that he's winning, sometimes when I look at the world I wonder if he is too. But HE IS NOT. The battle has already been won. He is a freakin loser. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are infinitely more powerful than him. And so are you. You are strong. Tell him to get the freak out of your life. Remember who you are. "When Satan tries to remind you of your past, remind him of his future" You are not your mistakes or your sins or your addictions. You are a Son or Daughter of God and he stands ready to help you with his hands reached out. The measure of his love for you is that he sent his son to die for you so that you can be forgiven, and healed and cleansed through your willingness and desire to change and turn over your heart to him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment