Tuesday, March 1, 2016

We are all learning to walk

I am a big believer that there is no better time in the day to recieve inspiration then early in the quiet morning. It's hard to get up early as a mom but whenever I do the quality of my Gospel study is elevated and I feel closer to my Father in Heaven. This morning as I studied I wrote down these thoughts. They are kind of jumbled, I was trying to write as fast as my heart was being taught by the Holy Ghost. It is just what I needed to know today. Thought I'd share them with you. 

Remember we are in the stage of becoming, we are not perfect. We will not be perfect in this life. We shouldn't demand of ourselves perfect, we should demand of ourselves progress. We can be excellent and not be perfect. It's about progress, not perfection. We will continue progressing even after this life. Heavenly Father is patient and long-suffering and his entire purposes of all he does is for our benefit, well-being and lasting happiness. He wants us to be happy! He wants us to succeed, his own plan is for us to succeed. Some of our weaknesses will stay with us until we depart this earth life. Acknowledge them and face them and work on them but don't be immobilized by them. God gave us weaknesses so that we would be humble and learn that we need him. He always speaks of weaknesses with compassion. He is not someone who doesn't know what it's like to struggle and fight, he gets it. He is perfectly understanding. He is long-suffering, patient and kind. He welcomes everyone who returns to him, he is eager to forgive, he is a forgiving God. Heaven will be filled with those who are forgiven and those you forgive. He knew we would make mistakes. Jesus did not come to save the righteous, he came to save the sinners. God is my father and I am his child, I am learning to walk (I'm pretty sure i'm in the 1yr old stage!:) Does he scold me for falling down, stumbling or crawling? No! He cheers me on, knowing it's a process. He has faith in me, he knows who I can become and he knows that I can do it. He is for me, not against me. Jesus Christ is my friend and my advocate with the Father. They love us. They are merciful, compassionate and kind. They anxiously want us to choose what is best for us. There is so much more then this life and I can't see the whole picture but I trust that he can and he has a plan. There is purpose in struggling. There is purpose in this messy 2nd act of a 3 act play. He's trying to tell us it's going to be ok and that everything is going to work out, just trust and believe and have faith and keep going. Yes, we are worthy of his love every minute. He takes us where we are, this very day. Our Savior knows each of us individually and personally, he's the only one who truly understands and truly knows hearts and truly knows how hard we are trying. He crys with us, he laughs with us, he is the best helper, the best friend, the best person to walk hand in hand with. He made it possible for us to leave all our baggage behind everyday and start again, fresh and new. God never says: "Oh no, not you again." He says: "Get back up, keep trying, you'll get it. Don't get discouraged, don't be afriad. Dust yourself off, keep going, you got this. LOOK UP and know that he loves you and he is there. 

"Christ will not forget us, he has graven us upon the palms of his hands."-1 Nephi 21:15-16

"Treasure these things up in your hearts, and let the solemnities of Eternity rest upon your minds"-D&C 43:34


No comments:

Post a Comment